Key dates for Nippers 2017 -2018
- Registration opens on 9 October 2017 and closes when filled. We warmly welcome new nippers every year, but please note our places are highly sought after and limited. We therefore advise you to apply within the first two weeks of nippers registrations opening.
- Before registering for nippers, you need to have already filled out the swim proficiency form and submitted it to the Club.
- ALL Nippers (except U7’s) need to submit a completed Swimming Proficiency Form when registering – even if you have done nippers before. CLICK HERE for a copy of the form.
2017/2018 Nippers and SRC dates:
December 27 – pick up nipper packs 4-6pm, Lorne Surf Lifesaving Club
December 28 – Day 1 -
December 29 – Day 2 -
December 30 – Day 3
December 31 – Day 4
January 1 – rest day
January 2 – Day 5
January 3 – Day 6
January 4 – Day 7
January 5 – Day 8
January 6 – Club Championships
SRC dates: are to be confirmed shortly.
It is a requirement of Surf Life Saving Victoria that all Nippers complete a Preliminary Assessment in the pool prior to participating in any water activities in the nipper program. The purpose of this form is to ensure children have a suitable swimming ability to allow them to safely enjoy the water activities of the program. Attached is a form which needs to be completed for each nipper and signed by a qualified swim coach/teacher/pool lifeguard. Please ensure this form is completed and uploaded with your nipper registration.
We look forward to seeing you at the Nipper kit pick up on December 27 between 4pm and 6pm. Remember we rely on volunteers to help run the program. There are plenty of jobs, many of which don’t require any surf lifesaving experience so if you are able to assist please register your interest email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to those who have already offered to help! We will be in touch closer to the program date.
If you’re thinking of introducing your child to surf life saving, then the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club Nipper program is the best place to do it. Nippers is open to all children from the age of 6 through to 14 years old.
Surf life saving is an amazing activity for growing a child’s confidence, knowledge and skills in the beach environment. Not only will your child have fun and meet new friends they will become part of an iconic organisation that has served the Australian community for over 100 years.
The juniors of today are the future of surf life saving and with the tireless help of the dozens of parents and also some of our elite competitors, the Lorne SLSC has established a highly reputable program that runs for a 10 day period.
Not only is nippers a fun way for your child to enjoy the beach in a safe environment, it also offers children an educational pathway through the delivery of the SLSA Junior Development Program. This program is designed to ensure children have fun at the beach while participating in lessons that will progress them to becoming a fully rounded participant in both lifesaving and sport.
Joining nippers is easy. Simply visit the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club and ask about our nipper program or get in touch with our nipper program coordinator below.
We look forward to seeing you at the beach!
Nipper Program Coordinator: Jenn Brown & Steve Atkinson
Contact Email: email@example.com
Nippers is run by an amazing group volunteers. Please respect their efforts.
- Water awareness & safety
- Basic to advanced water skills i.e. swimming & board riding
- Beach events and activities
- Learning to participate and be part of a group
- Competitions and events within the Club
- Regional, State and National Competitions for interested qualifying nippers.
...and most importantly having loads and loads of fun!!
Created: 15/Jun/2008 - 09:15 AM Last updated: 20/Sep/2017 - 09:55 AM