Runners Briefing and Start
Key information for the 2018 GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
- Entries open 6th of Nov 2017
- GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf Friday 12th Jan 2018
- GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub and GMHBA Lorne 5000, Saturday 13th Jan 2018
Briefing for runners 15 minutes before start:
The race starts at 8:30am
- Start near the corner of Smith and William Street, Lorne.
- Run down Smith Street towards Grove Road.
- Turn Left at the first corner and left again at the next corner.
- Always keep to the left of the road
- Then up the hill
- Turn right at the roundabout – head towards Allenvale
- The road turns into a red dirt road
- Turn left at the Allenvale car park
- Drinks available – be considerate in disposing of cups
- Join the river track – be patient – pass only if you tell the runners in front – enjoy the scenery and be aware that there is no vehicle access along the river!
- Cross the river at the bridges; not over the logs
- Drinks available at the river mouth
- When you get to the ocean – cross the road between the flags under the direction of the marshals
- Keep to the right of the road, and to the right of the witches hats – runners who go to the left of the hats will be disqualified – this is for your own safety as the road is not closed to traffic.
- Drinks available at the pier – go down into the pier carpark and join the cliff walk.
- The finish is in front of the Surf Club
- The presentation will be at 9.30am. Results will posted on the surf club wall at 8pm and again at 9 am Saturday. The start will be by hooter / gun after a countdown.
- Enjoy the race, and do not hesitate to ask for assistance from marshals.
Created: 15/Jun/2008 - 09:15 AM Last updated: 19/Jul/2012 - 02:52 AM