FAQ - The 2013 GMHBA Mountain to Surf Run
Key information for the 2018 GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf
- GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf Friday 12th Jan 2018
- GMHBA Lorne Pier to Pub and GMHBA Lorne 5000, Saturday 13th Jan 2018
Enter here from the 6th of Nov
- 8.30am on the Friday morning
- How long is the course?
- 8 km
- How fit do I need to be?
- The GMHBA Mountain to Surf run attracts runners from all levels from competitive to recreational. It is a Family orientated fun run that travels through the challenging bush track around Lorne before finishing in front of the Surf Club.
- I don't think I will be able to run the whole distance, is it OK to run and walk along the way?
- This is fine and is actually the most common way for beginners to get into running.
- When do entries open?
- See the main GMHBA Lorne Mountain to Surf page for up to date details
- When do entries close?
- Entries to the GMHBA Mountain to Surf Run close when the event is full.
- I missed out what can I do?
- Sorry there are no late entries
- Why do I have to pay for a bib to be mailed out to me?
- Bibs can be collected for free at the Lorne Surf Lifesaving Club on the Thursday before the race from 3 to 6pm and at the registration marquee from 7am on morning of the event. Due to increased costs of postage and handling we only charge people who want their bibs mailed rather than spread the charge across all entrants.
- If I had my bib mailed out but forgot to bring it with me, what can I do?
- You can ask for a replacement bib at the Lorne Surf Lifesaving Club on the Thursday before the race from 3 to 6pm and at the registration marquee from 7am on morning of the event. Note the may be a small charge to cover a replacement bib and timing chip.
- When will my results be available?
- Results will be published on the surf club website later on the day of the event.
- Can I bring a pram on the course?
- Yes prams/baby joggers are allowed on the course. But please be mindful of others and careful as there are tree roots and rocks on the course
- I would like to sponsor the event? Who can I contact?
- If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please contact our Sponsorship Coordinator for more information. Contact details can be found on our contacts page via the web-site.
Created: 15/Jun/2008 - 09:15 AM Last updated: 9/Oct/2017 - 08:19 PM