Becoming a Lorne Surf Life Saving Club Member
The Lorne Surf Life Saving Club participates, conducts and competes in many events and initiatives throughout the calendar year, which all contribute in some way to the Club’s main pivotal role of providing a safer beach environment for the public.
It is for this reason that all members aged 15-30 years, must gain their Bronze Medallion qualification, and also complete a minimum of 16 hours patrol each patrolling season. This is an Australian Surf Life Saving requirement.
Our memberships cater for all kinds of involvement in the club from children under 14 years (nippers), to adults, family and associate members.
Join or renew your Lorne Surf Life Saving Club membership
You can join or renew your membership of the Lorne Surf Life Saving Club in either of the 2 following ways:
1 ONLINE Complete and pay for your new or renewed membership online using Surf Life Saving Australia’s online payment facility. The process is simple, and is described here Account and Payments
- Make a payment. You will need to choose an appropriate amount to pay depending on your club membership. A list is here
2 MAIL Download a Lorne SLSC membership application form, fill it in, and then post it to us together with the applicable fee(s) at the following address:
Lorne Surf Life Saving Club
Attn: Tina Westacott
PO BOX 142
Lorne VIC 3232
Please fill in both forms and return together with your payment
*All new members must show proof of age
To view these forms you will need a pdf reader. If you don’t have one it can be found here
All members using the gym need to complete a form before use – click here to access the form
Lorne Surf Life Saving Club (“the Club”) Gymnasium Conditions of Use/Code of Conduct
1. Use of the Club’s Gymnasium (“the Gym”) is subject to the approval by the Club upon completion of a Lorne Surf Life Saving Club Gymnasium User Form. Forms can be found online at http://www.lornesurfclub.com.au.
2. Access to the gym is available to Lorne SLSC members who are financial, proficient, bronze medal holders aged 16 years or older.
3. Members aged under 16 years, including SRC’s, may use the gym subject to approval and under supervision only.
4. Each time you use the gym please complete the Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out Sheet. The Gymnasium Sign In/Sign Out sheet is located inside the gym near the entrance.
5. No smoking, food or drink (other than plastic/metal bottles/water cooler) is permitted in the gym.
6. Do not remove equipment from the gym without supervisor approval.
7. Always use a towel for hygiene purposes and WIPE EQUIPMENT AFTER USE.
8. If you are the last person in the gym, switch off all electrical equipment and secure premises on leaving.
9. Lifters must use collars on bars and must not drop weights on floor.
10. Lifters must use spotters on all moderate to heavy sets.
11. Do not leave weights on the floor. Return all weights to racks after use.
12. Return all equipment to its allocated position (covers to be placed on ergos).
13. Gym users must dress appropriately at all times (ie. Closed shoes must be worn at all times. Lower body clothing: athletic shorts, tights or aerobic outfits. Upper body clothing: T-shirts, singlets, sweat shirts or tank tops required).
14. Respect your fellow gym users at all times. Do not make derogative comments or use abusive language and do not engage in inappropriate or disruptive behaviour.
Created: 14/Jun/2009 - 06:56 PM Last updated: 29/Dec/2017 - 02:43 PM