The Lorne SLSC is offering a number of scholarships for Bronze Camp which you are welcome to apply for. These scholarships are for the cost of Bronze Camp only and do not cover additional expenses such as membership and additional uniform. These costs will be the responsibility of the applicant.
There are a number of criteria an applicant must fulfill before applying:
- Be enthusiastic and willing to give everything a go
- Become a valuable member of the Lorne SLSC and their patrol
- Attend all rostered patrols, Door Knock, Mountain to Surf and Pier to Pub
- Respect the club, the equipment, club property and that of it’s members
Applicants are required to write a 300 word essay on these two subjects:
- Why do you want to become a fully qualified Surf Lifesaver at the Lorne SLSC?
- How could you return some of the value (not in monetary terms) of the scholarship to the Lorne SLSC?
Applicants may be asked to sit an interview prior to the camp with three committee members at a time and place convenient to both parties.
Applicants will be notified in late November of their result.
If you meet the above criteria, you are eligible to apply for scholarship funding at the 2017 Lorne SLSC Bronze Camp. Below is the space where you can write your essay.
Any further queries about the camp should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship applications are an option as part of normal application process.
Created: 17/May/2011 - 10:12 AM Last updated: 7/Sep/2017 - 08:44 PM